About La Coiffeuse

I'm a 26 year old living in the suburbs of DC. These are my stories about finding Mr. Right in all the wrong places. *cheers*

Monday, April 30, 2012

Catching Up Hair

Hello again! Another weekend has come and gone. It's difficult for me to post on the weekends because it's the busiest time at the salon- and my little social life that I try to have. So when Friday night comes, I blink and the weekend is over. So here it goes ...

On Friday night, I went out with the man-friend for a friends birthday straight from work. I forgot to snap a picture before I left but managed to get a picture (that showed my hair) while we were out.

Day Dix-Neuf
Loose Braided Updo
I recreated the exact style the next day so you guys could get a closer look.

Day Dix-Neuf
Loose Braided Updo
Products Used: Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray
It's a 10 Miracle Shine Spray with Noni Oil
Tools Used: Flat Iron or Curling Iron or Curling Wand + Bobby Pins
How-To: Curl hair (See Day Quatre) with either flat iron, curling iron, or curling wand.
(I use a flat iron to give a messier curl.)
Braid hair on one side. (See Day Onze)
Instead of braiding bangs into the braid, leave bangs down.
After securing braid with a bobby pin, take one inch sections of hair
and begin to pin up in the back.
It's super easy because it's supposed to be soft, romantic and imperfect.
Continue to braid until all pieces of hair are pinned.
Spray with Shine Spray & Luminous Hairspray to finish.
Day Vingt
Braided Faux Shave with Le Fleur
This was a twist off my Day Treize: Faux Shave.
Again, I'm contemplating on whether or not I should shave the side again.
So I decided to play around with the faux shave, except this time with a braid.
Products Used: Aveda Damage Remedy Daily Hair Repair
Alterna Caviar Polishing Serum
Tools Used: Round Brush + Dryer + Bobby Pins + Une Fleur
How-To: Blow out hair straight. (See Day 1)
French braid on one side of the hair until top of ear.
Secure in place with bobby pins.
Don't worry about concealing bobby pins because the flower will cover them.
It's more important to secure the braid in place.
Pin flower accessory in.
Finish with polishing serum for a smooth & shiny finished look.

E
Day Vingt Et Un
Piggy Tails
Yes, I did it ... pig tails.
Let's see, I haven't worn my hair in pigtails since I was in MIDDLE SCHOOL!
But hey desperate times, calls for desperate measures.
I don't think they looked all that bad, eh?
Products Used: Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray
It's a 10 Miracle Shine Spray with Noni Oil
Tools Used: Flat Iron to curl +2  Black Elastic Bands + 2 Bobby Pins
How-To: Using a flat iron, curl hair. (See Day Quatre)
Divide hair into 2 pigtails and secure with black elastic band.
Typically I use clear elastic bands, but since I wanted the bands
to blend in with my hair, I used the black ones.
Be sure to leave pieces out of the pigtails.
These are more adult pigtails, so they don't have to be perfect.
Then using one bobby pin on each side,  pin pigtail close to hairline.
(Be sure to conceal bobby pin.)
This holds the pigtails in place. So they won't stick straight out by the end of the day.
Finish with Shine Spray and Luminous Hairspray.
Day Vingt-Deux
Sassy Bun
When I did the Charlize Theron Chignon on Day Huit,
I loved have my bangs brushed back.
So today, I brushed back my bangs with this messy bun.
It gave it a more elegant look with the bangs brushed back.
Products Used: Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray
Tools Used: Black Hair Tie + Teasing Brush + Bobby Pins
How-To: Leave bangs down, using Teasing Brush + Luminous Hairspray
brush back hair into a sleek ponytail.
Tie with hair tie.
Divide pony tail into 4 parts.
Using bobby pins, pin parts of pony tail into bun.
It's okay for hair to stick out of bun.
I like the no-so-polished look.
Tease bangs and brush back with teasing brush.
Lightly finish with Luminous Hairspray.
Less than a week until my challenge is over. My mind is blank as to what style I will do tomorrow. Be sure to stay tuned. Mohawk?

No comments:

Post a Comment