About La Coiffeuse

I'm a 26 year old living in the suburbs of DC. These are my stories about finding Mr. Right in all the wrong places. *cheers*

Sunday, April 15, 2012

... and I'm back!

Hello again, I'm back from my blog-cation. I got the internet working again but have been so busy, I haven't gotten a chance to sit down and blog. It takes up a-lot of time! As promised, I have continued to do my hair challenge. And today marks Day 7. I'm running low on ideas, and may have to bust out the pigtails. Adult pigtails are cute ... right?
Let's see where I left off ... I left off at Day Deux (2) with "Le Flip."
Drum roll please ...
Day Trois
The short-hair ballerina bun
Products Used: Aveda Damage Remedy Daily Hair Repair
Kendra Volume Spray 25
Tools Used: Round Brush + Dryer + Small Clear Plastic Bands +
Bobby pins + Headband of Choice (Optional)
How-To: Apply Aveda Damage Remedy when wet, and finger dry completely.
Use round brush to blow-out bangs.
With a clear plastic band, tie hair in low pony-tail & wrap hair into a bun.
Using bobby pins, secure bun in place.
Finish with Kendra Volume Spray.





I have to say, after being short for so long I did the happy dance
when I realized I could finally pull my hair back. :)

Day Quatre-
I make the decision to darken my lavender highlights.

Day Quatre
Down and Flirty!
Products Used: Wella Leave-In Balm For Color Treated Hair
Wella Stay Firm Finishing Spray
Tools Used: Dryer + Flat Iron
How-To: Apply Wella Leave-In Balm and dry completely.
Take 1 inch sections- with flat iron (or curling iron)
curl until entire head is curled.
I don't like the "crunchy" look so I just spray the Finishing Spray
after I finish each section very lightly.
With fingers or brush, brush through curls to loosen.
Finish with Stay Frim Finishing Spray.

Day Cinq
Twisty Twist
Products Used: It's a 10 Leave-In Conditioner & Miracle Finishing Spray
Tools Used: Dryer + Round Brush + Bobby Pins
How-To: Apply leave-in conditioner to towel dry hair.
Follow Instructions on how to achieve Le Flip.
Take a 1.5 inch section of hair in the front (typically bangs section)
and begin to twist upward.
Twist until there's only about 1/2 left of free hair.
Without opening the bobby pin, slide bobby pin back into twist to secure.
1-3 bobby pins can be used depending on thickness of twist.
Finish with Miracle Finishing Spray.


Day Six
Yesterday was a big wedding day for me.
I got the pleasure to do hair for a bride during the day
(I will post pictures as soon as I get them!)
and then got to attend another wedding in the evening.
When I got home ... I realized that I didn't take a picture of the back. 
Excuse the outfit change.
For those of you who don't know,
 I do bridal hair during wedding season.
Faux Bob
(Now I know I've been dying to grow my hair out. But I love the idea
of a sassy 'Faux Bob' for a formal event.)
Products Used: It's a Ten Leave-In Conditioner
Moroccan Oil Luminous Hairspray
Tools Used: Dryer + Flat Iron (or Curling Iron) + Bobby Pins
How-To: Apply leave-in conditioner to towel dry hair.
Follow instructions from Day Quatre (see above)
on how to achieve wave.
Using bobby pins, tuck back of the hair and pin.
Keep it loose & messy, you don't want things too perfect
or else it will turn into an up-do.
After back is tucked and pinned, pull pieces out to give
a messy look. Finish with Luminous Hairspray.


Day Sept- 1 week, Hoorah!
Le Poof- Move over Snooki!
Products Used: Hempz Couture Haute Mess Dry Shampoo
Pureology Strengthening Control Hairspray
Tools Used: Flat Iron (or Curling Iron) + Bobby Pins
How-To: I loved the way my curls looked this morning from
yesterday's Faux Bob. So I decided to keep them.
I used a dry shampoo to make sure my hair didn't look oily.
Is is me, or is dry shampoo the best thing since sliced bread?
Apply dry shampoo to roots. With flat iron (or curling iron)
re-touch curls that have loosened.
Take section from middle eyebrow to middle eyebrow
about 3 inches wide.
Push hair forward until poof height is achieved.
Secure in place with by sliding unopened bobby pins into poof.
Run fingers through curls and spray with
Strengthening Control Hair Spray.
Phewwwww, I survived 1 week!
Only 3 more weeks to go.
I got this.
Be sure to stay posted- I've got some interesting hair tips
& facts to share this week!
(And this week, I won't wait to post pictures of the hair challenge
so you won't get a Nina overload!)

No comments:

Post a Comment