About La Coiffeuse

I'm a 26 year old living in the suburbs of DC. These are my stories about finding Mr. Right in all the wrong places. *cheers*

Saturday, April 7, 2012

2012: La Coiffeuse is born.

Here it is! After debating, debating, and debating some more- I decided to start a hair blog. A place where hair questions and troubles can be solved. A place where you learn how to do how-tos. A place to see new trends and styles. A place where hair tips are a mouse click away. In other words, hair heaven. I absolutely love hair, I love everything about it. I can't get enough of it. I live, breathe, and dream hair. I love learning about hair and sharing what I know to anyone who will listen. Voila, La Coiffeuse is born. 


I'm saving the world, one split end at a time.


La Coiffeuse comes from my love for anything French. I got the opportunity to study aboard in The City of Light herself in the Fall of 2009 and since have turned into a French Hair Snob.


I'm a 22 year old hair stylist working at a boutique salon in a suburb of Washington DC. I've been in the industry since I was 18. The number one question I get from my clients is, "How did you know that you wanted to be a hairstylist?" 
Well, when I was 4 years old, my mom took me to a "big girl salon" for the first time. I had hair all the way down to my bum and wanted a chic chin length bob. (Yes, I sported the bob before Beckham did.) While the stylist was cutting my hair, I proceed to tell her, "One side was longer than the other and my bangs are crooked. I don't like it. I don't like it at all." I got a pair of rolled eyes and few under breath comments and went home with a lopsided bob with crooked bangs. 
And since I was 4 and wasn't allowed to hold scissors anywhere near my face, I handed my father a pair of scissors and a mirror and proceeded to tell him exactly what to cut until my chic bob reached perfection. Poor Dad, bless his heart. 
It's safe to say that at a very young age I knew hair was my calling. :)




As a kick off to my blog, I will be doing a 30 day hair challenge. 30 hairstyles in 30 days. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment