About La Coiffeuse

I'm a 26 year old living in the suburbs of DC. These are my stories about finding Mr. Right in all the wrong places. *cheers*

Monday, April 9, 2012

Let the games begin!


Let the games begin! (Yes, that may be my inner Hunger Games Obsession.)
As a kick-off to my blog, I decided to do a 30 Day Hair Challenge. 30 Different hair styles in 30 days. Within the past 4 years, I have had every length of hair you can possibly think of. From hair all the way down my waist to boy short pixie.
 Early 2008: Yea I thought I was hot-shit. But I have to say, my hair does look fab.
Don't hate.
 
Late 2008: Move over Beckham. My bob with hair flip combo is here to stay.








Early 2009: I played with the idea of going pixie ...
Late 2009: Decided that the flip was the key to my hair life in Paris.
Turning Point: This is when I became the French Hair Snob.

Early 2010: The last awkward hair length in San Fran...
Late 2010: Le Pixie is at the St. Wobil Fashion show during Fashion Week!
Early 2011: Le Flip is back!
Late 2011: Yes it is what it looks like ... a shaved side.
I'm not gonna lie, my bad-ass meter totally went up with a shaved side.
2 years ago, I went pixie ... something I thought I could never mentally do. (yes, hairstylists are very protective over their own hair My hair was my security blanket.) I loved it! It was super easy to style and made me feel confident and chic. But, being me-- I always want change. So from a pixie, there's really no where to go but long. So my journey begins ...
2 years later, I'm at the most awkward length possible. I wake up every day and want to pull it out. So this is where the idea of my challenge begins. I know I'm not the only one on this Awkward Boat. When my clients are going out their hair and it gets to the awkward length, I turn into their hair cheerleader and cheer them on! "Don't give up now! You've worked so hard! Don't give up, it's just a few weeks of awkwardness and it'll pass!" Now only if I had a personal hair cheerleader..
Because I want to rip my hair out every time I look at it. So here it goes ...
  Day 1: "The Nina Classic"
A simple blow-out that I do on myself every chance I get.
Quite easy: Volumizing Spray + Round brush + Dryer + Hairspray = Nina Classic
My hair hits me right between my neck and shoulder and flips in
every awkward direction. I have lavender highlights framing my face.
Lavender = Spring Obsession Color :)

No comments:

Post a Comment