About La Coiffeuse

I'm a 26 year old living in the suburbs of DC. These are my stories about finding Mr. Right in all the wrong places. *cheers*

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Hair Trends: Fashion Week 2012

After taking a blogging hiatus of 4 months ... I'm back with my blowdryer in hand.
When summertime rolls around every year, I get very caught up in summer festivities and focus all of my energy and attention BBQ's, outdoorsy activities, and getting plenty of sunshine.

September is here-- and there's no better way to say hello to Fall than of course, Fashion Week. Or should I say ... Fashion Month? I look forward to Fashion Week like a child looks forward to Christmas. For me, being a fashion major in college and a hairstylist- Fashion Week in New York, London, Milan, and Paris ... it's like trend overload for me! I'm so giddy that I even have the Style App on my phone, so I can stay connected even if I'm not on my laptop.

The number one question that I get behind the chair from my clients with the season change is, "So what's in style for hair this season?" Well ladies (and gents) ... let's see it straight from the runway for Spring 2013: Day One.

BCBG Max Ariza: Ombre be gone?
BCBG stylists definitely made the tussled-rolled-out-of-bed hair sexy and romantic. This past season, perfect unison waves were all the rave, but as seen on the runway today ... imperfection is key.

Photo Credit: Style.com
 Warm-rich brunettes

 Luxurious Blacks

 Short Tussled Brunettes

 Golden Blondes

Love this dress. 
Romantic waves pulled slightly back.

What these beautiful ladies have in common? Ombre be gone. Now I love ombre as much as the next hairstylist, but seeing rich deep naturals makes me jump for joy. So simple, yet without a doubt, so sophisticated.

Richard Chai: Sleek Deep Side Parts
I am LOVING the deep parts seen during Richard Chai. On both men and women, I think the deep side parts gives such a strong contemporary sleek look. 

Photo Credit: Fashionologie
 Deep Side Parts Slicked Back

One of my favorite looks from Richard Chai.
I'm a huge fan of neutrals.
With her deep side part that slicked perfectly back,
it gives the outfit a futuristic yet feminine look.

 Side parts on men have been looked down upon for so long because
they are confused with comb overs. The key to the perfect side part 
on a guy is the position of where the part is.
Between arch of the eyebrow to end of eyebrow is the happy place.

Christian Grey, anyone?

Be sure to stay tuned for my breakdown of hair trends from NY Fashion Week. My line up to watch tomorrow: Chloe, Peter Som, Jason Wu, Rebecca Minkoff, & Nicole Miller. 

annnnddd .... I'm anxious to see what the fabulous First Lady will be wearing this evening at the Democratic National Convention after sporting this pink sleeveless Tracy Reese Last night.

Photo Credit: Because I am Fabulous
Gotta love her!

xoxo
Moi

Anyone shopping tonight for Fashion's Night Out?

No comments:

Post a Comment