About La Coiffeuse

I'm a 26 year old living in the suburbs of DC. These are my stories about finding Mr. Right in all the wrong places. *cheers*

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Can't get enough runway hair ...

I get so excited when I walk into the house because I know what's waiting for me on my laptop. New fashion shows!

I'm starting to see similar trends appear on the multiple runways, and so far-- I'm loving them.

Not only are deep side parts popular, but middle parts are appearing left and right. Like the deep side part, these middle parts are perfectly straight with hair that is slicked down. To me, that screams modern and futuristic.

We can see these striking middle parts at the Zac Posen show:


Alexander Wang
When I think NYC fashion, I think Alexander Wang. Strong, edgy, and bold. The models sported classic sleek ponytails with a strong middle part. The difference between the middle parts on his models and others? Black tape to break up a middle part.




I want this dress and the shoes. It would be perfect to wear
at the salon. *drrooooolllssss*

Lela Rose
From dark boldness to colorful preppy, middle parts are seen everywhere regardless of your style. The middle part can be versatile to anything that you wear.




Monique Lhuillier
When I hear the name "Monique Lhuillier" I think of lavish extraordinary gowns that take my breath away. After seeing her Spring 2013 RTW collection ... I'm starting to have a new view on Monique. The designer was inspired by all thing aquatic this season, so the models hair was slicked back with a middle part that flowed back into tightly wound curls. Very mermaid like.
Peplums are my new favorite things.

 Although the slick middle part is such a strong element,
the softness of the curls gives a very gentle and romantic touch.

 I've grown a new appreciation for the color aqua. 



Victoria Beckham
I've always over her style and poshness, and the more and more I see her designs ... the more I like them. Again, we see a slick prominent middle part with the softens throughout.




Diane Von Furstenberg
Both middle and side parts complimented these vibrant prints and colors on the runway at Diane Von Furstenburg. I am in absolute awe of the Spring 2013 Collection. There isn't a single garment that I don't like. If you haven't seen the collection, you must immediately.


 Look at those fabulous earrings!






Yes, yes, and YES!

To achieve the slick middle part, use the end of a comb to section your hair. Depending on how slick and "wet looking" you want it to be, you can do this with wet hair. After sectioning your hair, cocktail the Wella Velvet Amplifier with the Wella Pearl Styler and apply from root to midshaft and finger comb through ends. You can curl the ends for a soft tussled wave, or tie back in a sleek ponytail. For a softer look, use in dry hair.
Wella Velvet Amplifier

Wella Pearl Styler


Be sure to stay tuned for tomorrow's shows.

xoxo
Moi

No comments:

Post a Comment